Challenges for smart cities
“Design and execution of smart cities are complex.”
“Human factors are the main challenge for smart cities.”
Gartner (2017) and Smart City Consultants (2018)
Successful smart city projects have a good understanding of culture and organizational structure of the city. The better you understand the organization and the people that run it, the easier it is to select a good smart solution.
“Balance projects with business acumen, understand societal value and value that technology provides. “
Berger (2019), Smart City Consultants (2019)
A smart city project needs to focus on understanding the business of all stakeholders. Keep this balanced. Spend 40% of time on understanding business services and societal value. The remaining 60% of time is needed to test different technology solutions. before you implement a new solution.
How to find smart city solutions
Design a framework
Successful smart projects have a framework.
Secondly helps to aligns all your cities policies. And thirdly, all the needed resources are noted down so you what it is going to cost. The above factors are key to make your smart city a success.
Summarized your framework will have the following questions answered:
- Firstly, whether it meets your organization’s objectives.
- Secondly, if there are gaps between your objectives and policy procedures.
- Thirdly, gaps between objectives and local resources.
- And finally, any gaps between the above and budgeted resources and available solutions.
Identify best approach
Once you have a framework, it’s time to map the different projects in your city. There are different ways to do that.
Your approach depends on different factors. Some of the questions to answer are stated below:
- Whether you need a living labs or just run pilots projects?
- How complex is the innovative technology?
- What is the best procurement strategy?
- How large/ small is the expected cultural change in your organization?
- Which type of management protocol fits best?
Handover the solution
After you chosen the best approach and have completed lots of tests. There is a lessons learned phase. This phase is used to tweak and edit the best solution for your digital business transformation.
To make sure every works as planned we have consultants specialized in different industry sectors. Where we focus on data driven businesses. Our industries are:
- Real estate.
- Government business services.
- Railway companies
- Real Estate companies
- Infrastructure asset owners
Ready to start a project with us?
Make your project successful with us now. Get in touch to discuss your project details with us.